Tuesday, June 27, 2006

No One You Know, I Think (2004...)

I liked it when he called me lassie
He said I looked Irish too
'Pulled a harmonica from his coat,
'Said, "I'll play a something for you."

I inquired of his blue eyes
With his accent loved to get in tune
He said, "This world is wild, lassie
'Got the Armageddon blues."

He said, "It's all gone crazy
I think the end is near."
I said,"Like in Revelation?
But the good don't need to fear."

So I recommended listening
To my friends from where he came
Who speak of Jehovah's Kingdom
And glorify God's name.

But he said, "Now see here, lassie,
I can tell from your eyes
That you get some people to listen to you
But you won't get this guy."

He said, "I'm [of Christendom]."
I said, "So was I."
He said, "That's mostly what we've got back home",
And the numbers went through my mind:
(Hmm...
Eleven hundred
To 1...
There's work to be done
I want a piece of that fun...)


"You've got to think globally, lassie."
I thought, try universally.
'Cause it's gonna take God to stop earth's blues
That's the reality.

Just then a lady in long veil and skirt
Peacefully walked on by.
He called senseless words of hate to her
And his song, like his speech, went dry.

I thought, that's some religion you've got
And thinking on a global scale
But this just shows once more again
That without Jah's truth people fail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home