Monday, June 26, 2006

Too Common (2004)

Most people walk a common way
A mainstreet road of ease
Buy what false gods suit them
Say, "See, I believe."

But trend-books that they purchase
And man-pleasers on TV
Won't tell whole truth, 'cause it won't sell
Or win popularity.

Will you choose from a million idols
Or make one out of you,
Be guided by mere men
Or seek what's really true?

Me, I'll pick Jehovah
The One who's never let me down
Then in his new world here
We'll see who's left around.

Would you thank a lifeless idol
For a newborn son?
Or see the moon rise and thank yourself
For a job well-done?

Or is there a lesson learned
In grateful people's eyes:
Humble oneself to the Maker
Isn't that more wise?

Don't be molded by the common
Or crave self-sparing lies
To exchange truth for falsehood
Is to sell out to die.

Me, I'll thank Jehovah
The One who's never let me down
Then in his new world here
We'll see who's left around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home